Monday, January 25, 2016

Maybelline New York Velvet Matte Mat12


Got this beauty tip from a friend who's also a lipstick lover like me. So the next day I got myself the Mat12 from Maybelline's Velvet (Vivid) Matte Collection. The original price costs Php345 but it was on sale for Php280 when I got it from Watsons.

The Mat12 is a pretty nude pink that's great for an everyday wear. It's the perfect addition to my MLBB (My Lips But Better) collection. It has a doe foot applicator that helps you apply the lipstick evenly.

Here's a swatch of Mat12:

Here's how the lipstick looked on me when I wore it today:

So here are my thoughts about the product:

PROS:

  • The product glides on easily on the lips and is easy to apply
  • Non-drying, your lips feel smooth and hydrated throughout the day
  • No awful smell
  • Great for everyday wear or for a "no makeup" makeup look

CONS:

  • It's not really matte but creamy matte
  • To make it look matte, you have to dab a tissue on your lips
  • Not long lasting. It doesn't stay on my lips after eating a meal or drinking liquid
  • It transfers

Nevertheless, if I'm asked if I would repurchase it, I'd say yes despite the cons. This is mainly because I love how the lipstick looks good on me and how it can be very hydrating on the lips. It's a gorgeous nude color for an everyday wear.


xoxo,


No comments:

Post a Comment